Saturday, March 21, 2015

CUSTOM: Magical Mystery Tour

Magical Mystery Tour

The Beatles

MMT is by far my favorite Beatles album, but I felt the divide between the intense psych-feel of some of the songs and the more baroque pop of others were at odds with each other, so I set out to make MMT a fully "psychedelicised" album. I traded out "Your Mother Should Know", "All You Need is Love", "Hello Goodbye", "Penny Lane" and "Baby You're a Rich Man" for "A Day in the Life", "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds", "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!", "Across the Universe" "Only a Northern Song", "It's All Too Much" and "Lovely Rita". In addition, I linked every track with segments of the extended "Flying" mellotron sounds. The whole piece flows and sounds much more psychedelic.

"Flying" is a hybrid of the released version and the "RM" version with extra sounds and an alternate ending.
"Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!" has been layered with effects and stereo panning.
"I am the Walrus" takes the LOVE stereo mix and adds some effects.
"Across the Universe" is an hybrid of the Let it Be version and the Hums Wildlife version.

I'll be uploading the companion "Sgt. Pepper" soon, in the mean time enjoy and comment!

No one I think is in my tree

No comments:

Post a Comment